The most advanced medical surge tester available, the D5-PF is built to provide defib-proof testing to the requirements of:
- IEC 60601-1:2005 (Issue 3) Figure 9 and 10 Defib-proof Differential- and Common-Mode Test (IEC 60601-1 Figure 50 in older versions).
- IEC 60601-1:2006 Figure 11 Energy Reduction Test;
- IEC 60601-2-4: 2010 Figure 201.110 Overload Test (optional)
- IEC 60601-2-34 Issue 2 (optional);
- IEC 60601-2-34 Issue 3 (included);
- IEC 60601-2-49;
- IEC 60601-2-25:2011;
- IEC 60601-2-27:2011.
This is an IEC 60601 Defibrillation-proof tester. For the Energy Reduction test, joules consumed in the 100Ω resistor are immediately displayed after each pulse. The MegaPulse D5-PF tests protection against the effects of defibrillation (Common Mode, Differential Mode) and Energy reduction test (EC-13) and as noted in the Standards shown above. The MegaPulse D5-PF outputs a 360J Defib-proof test pulse per IEC 60601-1 for the Energy Reduction Test. It can also be used as a Defibrillator Lead Tester.